Friday, May 2, 2008

Plugging Away


The closer I get the the end of the year, the more I think it may not be possible to finish everything that has to be done. I get the same feeling every year, and the end comes just the same. My problem is that I'm not good at putting off the things that don't have to be done right now. I spent the last two days working on standards, benchmarks, syllabi and curriculum for next year. All of that could probably wait, but it's more fun that what needs to done, which is grading lab journals and writing finals. I had lots of fun with excel, and eventually remembered how to make it finish a series of dates while skipping the weekends and used that to plan out every single day for chemistry next year by just changing the first day of school. Sometimes technology is nifty.
Anyway, the weekend has come at last and I can breathe a little. My husband is back from Denver and I have a run scheduled for 7 am. I can never run while he's gone because there is no one to stay with the kids. I suppose I could hire a babysitter, but I always feel like I should be doing something good when I'm paying for someone to stay with the kids. Not that a run isn't good......

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I so agree - there are always much better things to get on with than those that really need to be done. I used to feel the same as the end of the year approached - I always knew when I was getting stressed because I started writing lists. Such a good feeling to be able to cross things off! What's that saying - Procrastination is the thief of time. Huh!!