Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend Work

I was up early this morning for a run. As painful as it was at the time, I'm glad now that I got it done. It's sad to see how much slower I am now than I used to be, but it's still better to be out there, even if I'm not setting any records. Every bodies already starting to make noises about fall marathons. I'll have to wait and see what they decide to do. I can see another couple of halves this year. I think the half marathon is a wonderful distance, challenging but not deadly. July is really the time to start serious training for those. I can coast for a while longer. Kurt kept plugging away at the bathroom. I think the tub has been out of commission for about 4 weeks now, but it should be getting close to usable again. I'm glad he decided to finish the tub before he tore apart the shower. I know we have 2 other bathrooms, I just like this one better.

My formal living room looks like a fabric store exploded in it! I have a total of 17 quilts kitted and ready to go. After my last session, I made a list of missing fabrics and had a field trip to the fabric store. After a peaceful lunch at Jason's Deli, I got about 5 different solidish fabrics that should allow me to round out the majority of the patterns that remain. They were having a fabulous sale, and the woman in line next to me gave me a coupon for an extra 10% off. She was only buying one piece of fabric and had another coupon for her batting. So for about $24.00 I should be able to come up with at least 10 more kits. Not bad at all. One of my running partners had some more fabric to add to the collection, so I can go through that next and see what I can come up with.
I cut and pieced the border for the Dresden plates quilt while I was at it, and should be able to get that put on today, and piece together a back as well. I don't know If I have any batting in a twin size, but I can always cut down something larger.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well done on the running. I don't get the pleasure to be had out of it myself, but my husband always enjoys his runs. Tell me, what is a formal living room? We probably have something similar here, but call it something different.

ADRE_A said...

No se preocupe si tiene problemas para orinar, ¡este problema se puede resolver fácilmente! Para hacer esto, simplemente le recomendaría que intente llamar su atención aquí en este sitio https://espanolfarm.com/comprar-flomax/, estoy seguro de que estará satisfecho