Monday, September 8, 2008

Gaggles of Geese


I cut out the geese for the border on Bonnie's Old Tobacco Road Quilt this afternoon, but I didn't have much time to work on it. Anna had a play date this afternoon and then there was a Cub Scout Pack meeting tonight as well as a Girl Scout Team meeting. I let Kurt take the kids to his meeting, which made mine more relaxing. Then when I got home, I used my favorite double pinning technique to get the geese ready to piece. Maybe tomorrow I can sit down in the afternoon and get them chained through the machine.
I'm doing two labs tomorrow at school, so I need to go in early and get the prep work done. I ran this morning and had to rush out, still sweating, forgetting to bring the iron that I needed to heat set one of the types of fingerprints. We'll have to do that tomorrow instead.

5 comments:

Donna said...

looks like you got lots of the prep work done for those geese -- a parfect block to be making these days if the sounds and sences outside my window are to be beleived -- yes they are astarting to gather and migrrate :-( the cold is coming here....

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Your OTR is really striking. I rarely pin anything. If I take your lead and pin they might be more square:) I did pin those rows together, what a difference, they lined up beautifully.

Your family sounds like mine BUSY!

Happy quilting

Amy said...

interesting......! I almost NEVER pin! But I'm curious at to the "double pinning" technique? Is it a tech. so that both sides of the block can be sewn at the same time? I'm trying to imagine that, but can't see how.....

Have fun with the labs...
and...OMGoodness!!! You really run BEFORE school!?!?!? HA! That'll NEVER happen here!

Linda said...

Love your OHR! I can only dream of the time when I can start mine and yours is almost done! It is beautiful! Great job!

AleksShamles said...

Un uomo è molto preoccupato se hanno seri problemi a letto. Questi problemi includono la disfunzione erettile, che a sua volta è trattata https://maschiosalute.it/comprare-sildalis/. Vi consiglio questo farmaco perché mi ha aiutato molte più volte.