Sunday, November 23, 2008

And then came 29


I didn't want to change the thread on my machine until I had finished this quilt that I cut out yesterday. More of the Dresden Plate wedges, but with pink this time instead of the white. I had a mental moment when cutting the strips and made them too short. Instead of piecing them together or starting again, I just added a top and bottom border to make the size right. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I am trying to make them all about the same size. Kurt thinks it looks like a big Roman Numeral 3. I'll switch to my quilting foot tomorrow and get both of these quilted up. I'll do a quick binding tutorial at the same time, 'cause Amy is having trouble turning corners. I am now quite adept after about 116 corners on these little guys alone! I also have a nifty new shortcut for joining the ends. I'm sure someone else has done it before, but it is new to me. Tune in tomorrow for all this and more!

3 comments:

Amy said...

*a-hem*
holy crappola! And you think*I'm* getting a lot done-----you're on TWENTY-NINE!!!

I sure will appreciate the tutorial and will be looking for it! I've read and reread all the "Basic quilting tips" at the back of all my quilting magazines, but none really have a good pic to aid in my understanding (OR LACK THEREOF)!! I never understand the "flip up, clip threads, and pivot in machine" part........I just can't visualize it! GRRRRRRRR! That's why I normally just cheat and flip the back to the front, BUT I sure do like the look of a "true" binding.

AND------I thought Kurt (or you?) were off your rocker when you said it looks like a III, because I was like...."Ummmm...helllllo guys! There are FOUR strips!!!!"

THEN------the optical illusion popped out! THE PINK looks like a Roman Numeral THREE! Ahhhhhh.

Amanda said...

Me too, me too! I've just learnt how to mitre the corners, but I'm not convinced I'm doing it the best way, and I have no idea how to join the binding - that's the next stop on my learning curve. I saw a four too, took a while to spot the three!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow 29 that is amazing and I think it looks fantastic love the colours.