Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fall Festival



Today was our annual fall festival at the kids school. It is the big fund raiser for the year for PTA and everyone puts in an appearance. We gave the kids $5 each in tickets and told them we could stay until they were gone. They chose the dunk booth, hair and face painting, a couple of bounce houses, crafts and carnival games. We did all of that and managed to make it home in just 2 hours. Not bad at all. Usually it in hot and sweaty, but this year is was almost chilly, with a brisk fall feel to the air.
I managed to stay late at work yesterday and get caught up on all of my grading. I love the satisfaction of empty "in" folders! I'm not sure how I managed to fill them all up so quickly after interims, but at least I'm up to date again. Then we visited the video store and all snuggled up on the couch with the movie Kung Fu Panda.

I managed to get in some serious machine time after all of that and am just about ready to finish up my parts on the last of the lap quilts. Some of the girls' work needed some minor cosmetic surgery to seal missed seams and flatten out bubbles, so I took care of those odds and ends while I put on the bindings. Miss Sheila is still doing the hand stitching, so that leaves me to make a few more quilts I hope. I also quilted the Dresden stripes using a meander in the stripes and some flowers and vines in the white stripes. I think we are getting close to our goal. I have to find out exactly how many residents are currently in our section of the nursing home so I know what the magic number is.

No comments: