Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting Closer Every Day


I'm not sure yet what the magic number is for lap quilts to take to the nursing home next month. But we are getting pretty close I think. This is a stack of 26 quilts almost ready to go. the 10 on the top still need their bindings stitched down, but the 16 on the bottom are done and ready to be delivered. Now I need to decide if I'm going to find something good on TV so I can sit and do hand stitching or go finish off the next two that I have in the works. I might compromise and cut out some men's shirts blocks. I cut two shirts apart on Thursday while watching the kids play outside. Now I need to turn them into strips and squares. I've also got another pile of edge trimmings to sort through, looking for usable scraps. I'm having so much fun playing with all this fabric. Maybe it's my short attention span, but it is so much fun to be looking at a new color combination every few minutes.

2 comments:

Andee said...

You impress and inspire me! WOW!

Candace said...

I love how piles of quilts look. It must give you a lot of satisfaction to know that all your hard work is helping the girls, and then will go on to help the people in the nursing home. Will the girls go with you to deliver them? If so, it will be something that they will always remember.