Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Part 2


So much happened yesterday that I wasn't able to fit it all into one post. I forgot to give the details on the VERY LONG 17 mile run that started the day. My running partner Tom went with me, even though he had done a 15 K race the day before, he is a real trooper. I have decided that it doesn't matter how far I have to go on a long run, the last 3 miles are always painful. I did 15 miles two weeks ago and was happy for the first 12. Yesterday I had 14 good miles and then hated every step of rest of the run. So I guess if I want to have a happy marathon in February I'd better make sure I train up to 29 miles ahead of time!? Well, I was pretty tired for the rest of the day and would have loved to have curled up in bed for a power nap. Instead, I took a whirlpool bath and then took Sydney out for a special mommy-daughter lunch.
That got us back in time for quilting, which I told y'all about yesterday, it ended at 4. Girl Scout roller skating started at 4:30 and so I drove 4 singing 9 year olds and Sydney down to the roller-rink and did the usual girl scout leader supervision thing. I was mostly just hoping I didn't have to put on skates myself, because my calf muscles were still protesting the last three miles of my morning run. Miss Sheila brought her own skates, which let me off the hook for actually having to skate.
This is the first year that Sydney has been old enough to go, and she had a blast! Her daisy troop didn't want to go because they thought the girls weren't old enough to roller skate. Sydney obviously disagreed. She put on her little helmet, and borrowed a pair of my socks, and she just went to town! Whatever she does, she does it with enthusiasm. I have to give her credit for that. I was surprised that she didn't fall asleep in the car, but she was mostly passed out on her chair at the dinner table. She did wake up long enough to tell us that it was the best night of her life.
Today was a normal day at school. We are talking about hair in forensic science and valence shell repulsion theory in chemistry. Academic team met at lunch and then I came home to try to get nuts and candy sales figured out before the 5 p.m. deadline. The kids got home with reports about then ins and outs of their days, and after homework they let me have a few minutes at the sewing machine. I got three of the completed quilts trimmed down and the bindings attached. They are all looking great! Miss Sheila is going to hand stitch the bindings for me. I don't know how I'd survive all of this without her.
We had a Service Unit Team meeting for Girl Scouts tonight, and it was a potluck for which you were supposed to bring baked goods to share. Not being able to fit any baking into my recent schedule, Sheila did the baking for both of us. I've just gotten back now, and am wondering if I'll pull out some papers to grade or just collapse. Collapsing might win out, I can always power through some lab reports in the morning because Pascal, another of my running partners wants to run in the evenings this week because her mornings are too hectic. I guess I can understand how that could happen.

2 comments:

Amy said...

BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE!!!!!
Holy buckets girl! For once it's MY turn to say "I'm exhausted just READING that post!" Just when I thought it was going to end, it kept going, and going, and going!

And....*sigh*....reading your running comments IS guilting me into PERHAPS getting my butt on the treadmill tomorrow night. I'm going on 2 weeks tonight.....ugh!

I sure hope you chose to collapse! How DID you manage all that ?????

Julie said...

I would go crazy if I had that much to get done in one day. You are amazing!