Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Taking Stock

I was tossing and turning in my sleep last night. Painting the house has started the never ending "t0 do" list running in high gear in my head. Something about having the outside all shiny and clean makes me think the inside should match. We've been collecting stuff for a garage sale for a while now, so when I couldn't sleep I started a list of things to be collected and put into the sale. Then I made a list of home improvements to work on and I could be busy for quite a while.
The end of the year is also an opportunity to inventory accomplishments and goals. Since this is a quilt blog, I'll start with quilty things. I see in my side bar that I finished 18 quilts last year. I stopped counting in the heat of the nursing home lap quilt frenzy, but 8 of the 18 belong to that group. I know I made up others from the kits, but those were part of the project, so I won't bother to add all that up. I also see from the side bar that I have 13 WIPs listed (works in progress for non quilt people). I'm thinking that finishing one UFO a month is a good goal for the year. That still gives me wiggle room for new projects if I work on current pace.
It isn't quite as easy to quantify the non-quilty goals. All of the home improvement and upkeep is such a never ending cycle that I'm not sure where to start. I suppose I could break the house down into rooms and try to focus on one each month. I'll have to start thinking about how that could work. I think I'm on track for the excerscise and health arena. Losing wieght is a also a never ending goal, so I won't even bother to list that one. How about you guys, is anyone else thinking about resolutions for the new year?

3 comments:

Harry Williams said...

I have a bad dream too. I took sleeping pills, but it did not help. Who can tell you a good way to get rid of insomnia :?

BrianPoole said...

The best CBD oil is non-psychoactive - it doesn't get you high. People with anxiety often find relief. I have several clients who use it for this purpose. CBD benefits many physical conditions.

HenryWatson said...

Sometimes I feel just awful. I think this is also because I often have bad sleep and headaches and I cannot get rid of it. This time, I used the site https://joyorganics.com/pages/virginia-beach-va where I bought CBD products which is really helpful if you want to relax as well as reduce pain and sleep. As for me the best store.