Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quilted

I just polished off the quilting on Yes We Can. I doesn't show up at all in the picture, but it is fairly detailed. I did a meander with blue in the blue parts, and red in the red parts. Then I put waves and loops in the red borders, outlined the stars and put stars in the blue star border. The striped part got a little zig zag effect. I still need to do the binding. I think yellow will work. There isn't any outer border because the size was just about right as it was. A stopping point for the eye would have been nice, but it already has that border after border look to me.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That certainly is a striking quilt, it will look great once it's finished and displayed. I always enjoy seeing your 'space travel' photographs, I'm old enough to still be amazed by the thought of the technology involved.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

gorgeous quilt. I keep thinking I'd love to go see a shuttle launch (not that there's much time left for that) but the waiting around for it to go would make me crazy.

Hedgehog said...

Love this quilt!

Candace said...

That's really a great quilt. I love your lettering.