Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June UFO


Number 11 is the UFO for the month of June. For me that is my Tea Rose Sampler. I think that is what I was calling it anyway. This quilt started as a beautiful bundle of fat quarters that my mom got me for Christmas two years ago. I wanted to allow the fabrics to remain in large pieces and designed a number of blocks built around 6.5 inch squares with variations of patterns in the 3.5 inch area surrounding each block. I was doing pretty well until I got to the flying geese sections which did not want to fit nicely. It got put away neatly in a labeled box which contained all of my sketches and plans. Despite being better organized than most UFOs, it will still take a bit of remembering and figuring to decide how this is all going to come together to make a quilt. Other than that, I think today calls for a bit more laundry, cleaning out the fridge and some time with the girls. Sydney has a gift card from her birthday that needs spending and Anna wants to get a digital watch. I think tomorrow is going to have a trip to the library and Friday is a day off for Kurt. Welcome to summer vacation.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It sounds as if you're beginning to get into the holiday spirit now. Have a great few days.

Julie said...

Isn't it wonderful to get all those things done that you have been putting off until summer? Feels good!

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

Yes, after reading and looking at pics of your June UFO, it sure looks large, but you'll manage :0)

And weird---I just went to my list, but I don't have an 11??? Tis okay, because I'm still behind on my other UFO's, PLUS some of my WIP's have meandered into a true UFO definition since I haven't touched some of them for a couple of months.