Wednesday, January 6, 2010

BOM #2



It is SOOO cold here. Not a good day to be outside at all. There was actually frost on the windshield of the car this morning. Frost! I know some of you are used to the bitter cold, but we don't even own ice scrapers down here, we just aren't equipped. It is such a hardship every few years when we have to turn on the heat for a few days. Obviously it was a perfect evening to stay in the cozy warmth of a nicely heated house and quilt a little.
I decided to work on Amy's BOM block number 2, and am quite pleased with the way it turned out. I could easily do a whole quilt with this pattern. Isn't it cool how the little four patch shows up in the middle? I made one small modification to the directions and replaced two adjacent squares in the same color with a rectangle. It eliminated a seam and helped it lay a little nicer I think. The directions were quite clear though, and I managed to do this one without having to unsew a single mistake.

5 comments:

Amy said...

lovely colors :0) But I think I said that on the last post.

Good modification :0)

Amanda said...

Your last email made me smile - we've got about eight inches of snow here at the moment! But we are keeping toasty warm inside the house.

Andee said...

Looks great! I got my fabrics cut last night and hope to get to this block today after work!

Quilter Kathy said...

Again...great work! I really like your fabrics!

Candace said...

I sure do love your fabrics, but scrappy is good too. I know you said that your background fabric is limited.