Monday, February 8, 2010

Couldn't Sleep


There was a conspiracy to keep me from sleeping that started at 3 this morning. Anna came down to tell us that Ryan was crying because his ear hurt. That woke up the dog of course. I tried to get back to sleep, but busy thoughts were running through my mind of the things I need to take care of before the cruise next week. I was still pondering at 4 and decided to get up for the shuttle launch. I think there are only 4 more left, so I am making a point to watch them all. Now Ryan says his ear throat and tooth are all taking turns hurting and I thought I might as well just give up on pretending to sleep and catch a nap later to make up for a very early morning. It never seems to work out that way, but I'll keep telling myself that it will and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh poor you, children always seem to take it in turns to be poorly don't they, and I always think earache is so bad, because you can't 'kiss it better' or put a hot water bottle on it, or rub it better. I hope Ryan recovers soon. I can never sleep in the day, no matter how little sleep I've had, I just feel awful; I prefer to go to bed earlier the next night.