Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tiny Islands of Order and Serenity

We are still sick today. Ryan got up this morning and got dressed for school but still had a fever and wasn't looking very energetic. He was kind enough to share his germs with me though, so I was in about the same shape. So sick day number two, I can't remember the last time that happened around here.

Ryan was having a Star Wars marathon until lunch, but he's been asleep since then. I am obviously not feeling horribly energetic, but I have been slowly tidying the messy nooks and crannies that seem to keep popping up. Look, the guest room looks like it could have room for a guest in it.

I found a spot in the cabinet for the dog's stuff so it wouldn't keep sitting on the counter.

But sometimes things must get worse before they get better, and so not everything is put back together again yet. I'm out of energy though, so I think I'll take a little breather first. Kurt is picking up the cookies for me right now, but I've canceled our Girl Scout meeting for tonight. Not only don't I want to get everyone sick, but the thought of planning and organizing 8 10 year old girls right now makes me feel even more tired. Kurt is off to the big school board meeting where they will vote on the final zoning for next year, so at least it will be settled once and for all.

4 comments:

heather said...

I love organizing spaces. It makes me feel so in control until I mess it up again. Love the quilt on the bed.

Meisje said...

Hey, look, I found my password!

I can't believe you're cleaning while you're sick. MIL or not, I'd crawl into bed and let it go.

Did you have to go to Viera today?

Amanda said...

It's difficult not to feel guilty when you have to take sick leave, and end up doing work at home instead. I hope you feel better soon, at least in time for your holiday.

Candace said...

Everything is looking great, but it must not be any fun dragging yourself through it feeling ill. I hope that you are feeling better by now. I see your OTR in the guest room, I hope your guests understand how lucky they are.