Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer Fun




I just finished the blocks for Mariposa. They are all laid out on the floor at that point in time when I want to let them season a bit and go to bed. Unfortunately, Lizzie mistakes quilts on the ground for the paper she potty trained on, and that is not a good thing at all. So I will gather these up and get them nicely pinned a la Elanor Burns ready to be sewn together. Maybe if I look suitably pitiful in the morning Kurt will take the girls to ice skating lessons and I can get the top finished up. I am considering finishing it with a thin yellow border and then a wider pink one. I've made bunches of extra geese, but I'm thinking of saving them for a separate quilt. I would love to have this all finished up by Monday and ready to take into school. There is nothing like a looming deadline to inspire simplicity of design.

3 comments:

heather said...

Very cute

heather said...

Very cute

Miri said...

I love this sweet quilt in progress...I think I'm crazy about your color sense. I will definitely be back often.