Saturday, June 12, 2010

Handiquilting


I decided to load another quilt up today and give pantographs another try. So first thing this morning, after ice skating and mowing the yard and feeding the kids which was about 12:30, I went in to load up Christmas Lights. I chose another pantograph from the packet I ordered from Golden Threads which is called Dandy. I'm using a yellow thread and so far all is going well. I have a bunch of thread that I ordered from Connecting Threads that seems to work very well. It does give off a bit of lint, but am halfway done with the top and have yet to break a thread. The bobbin was even kind enough to be empty at the end of the row so there isn't a single start or stop on the top yet. I'm off to quilt, I'd like to get this one finished off tonight so I can add it to the binding stack which is getting quite tall right now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

:0) Can't wait to see the finish! You gonna keep pluggin along with other projects tomorrow?