Saturday, June 5, 2010

I-pad

I wanted to make Kurt a case for his new i-pad. I had something in mind like Melinda made for her kindle and showed on the selvage blog.
Kurt had other ideas of course. He picked out suede in black and gray. It is basically just two rectangles of fabric sewn pillowcase style, right sides together and then turned and top stitched. I inserted a little pocket for cords and such under the cover flap. It needs a little strip of velcro and that will be the end. I couldn't talk him into a nifty strap or handle or anything.
I got most of Judy's June Mystery cut out this morning while the girls were at ice skating. Kurt took Ryan to a chess workshop and played volleyball at the beach. Then this afternoon I dropped Sydney at a birthday party and went to get my toes AND nails done. Very fancy! I even had lunch while I was out and peacefully read a book with no interruptions. I was done with all of that just in time to pick Sydney up again and have a bit of birthday cake before heading home. Life just doesn't get much better than that.
It looks like a rainy evening, daily thunderstorm season has started around here this week. I have an urge to sew into the wee hours, but I am going to try to be good so that I can get up bright and early for a nice long run. Time will tell whether my good intentions are good enough. Crumb Cake is loaded onto the HQ16, I don't think it would take too long to quilt that up after dinner. I wonder if I have any thread that will work?

3 comments:

Melinda said...

It isn't as cute as my Kindle cover but probably more practical for Kurt. The pocket for cords is a great idea.

Amanda said...

Ah, men, they've got no taste have they!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

How are you liking your HQ16?? pros cons??