Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th


I hope everyone in the US is having a happy holiday. We were at a neighbors pool party and barbecue this afternoon. The kids had lots of fun swimming and water sliding and playing soccer. We had planned to go north to watch the fireworks like we do every year, but it is very rainy right now. I'm sure it will stop eventually, but it is a bit of a drive and then you have to park and walk quite a distance and it just doesn't seem like much fun in the damp. Honestly, after just getting back from a trip, I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere right now.

I managed (eventually) to get square root onto the reassembled frame today. Ask me how many ways there are to incorrectly load a quilt onto a frame-- I am now familiar with them all! I don't know why I found it so difficult to get everything going in the right direction. Maybe my mind is still on vacation. I think all is well now. I'm watching Wipeout with the kids right now. Some actual quilting will done as soon as they head to bed. They've made a tent in the toy room and are planning to sleep there as consolation for the missed fireworks.

1 comment:

Amy said...

yeah, that was me when I put Moondance in the other day; I hadn't quilted it a bit so it took a little "relearning"! ;0)

Don't feel bad about the fireworks; we're staying in tonight too.