Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shirts Deconstructed

I finally got around to the shirts that I picked up at Goodwill on Saturday. I have it down to a science now. A little tub or trash can sits at my feet along with a cup for the buttons. The seams and scraps get dropped down while I harvest the pieces of fabric.
I'm not sure yet what I'll do with these. I am thinking of saving it to use with the Go Cutter when it comes in, hopefully soon. I got a really good price on ebay along with free shipping on the 4th of July. I even found a tumbler die, and it all added up to almost exactly the same amount as the change from the basket.
I took the kids to see Marmaduke this afternoon and there was a great quilt hanging on the wall at the beginning of the movie. I kept looking for it every time someone walked past. It had great fall colors with two different backgrounds, one a darker beige that looked almost tea died. I so wished I could hit pause and check it out. It was a modified nine patch alternating with a sashed square for an Irish chain type effect. I get such a kick out of seeing quilts in movies. We all ate so much popcorn that nobody was very hungry for dinner.

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Great shirt fabric! I love to pause a movie or show just to see what's in the room. Wouldn't it be fun to be a set designer and decorate with fabulous quilts!!!

Sheila said...

We always have a contest to see who shouts "QUILT!" first during a movie.

Can't wait to see what you make with the shirting fabric.