Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Slowly, Slowly



Some things seem to take much longer than they should. The study reorganization is ongoing. These plastic drawer organizers have been repurposed for use under the quilting frame. They used to hold Girl Scout Craft Supplies and Scrapbooking. How long has it been since I did any scrapbooking? I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it, thinking I'll come back to it all someday, but until then it is taking up a lot of space.
So back to the quilting space, there are big drawers for 2 inch, 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch strips. The small drawers to the left hold squares of various sizes. Left of that is ready made bits and pieces in different sizes. So far there are half square triangles, flying geese, 4 patches, 9 patches and extra binding strips. I've still got another set of the smaller drawers, but I'm not sure it I should use it or get a set of the bigger drawers instead. The 1.5 inch strips are still homeless and I've got strings and crumbs to think about.



While all of that is going on, I'm working my way through the next two steps in Judy's June Mystery. While working last night I was getting impatient to see a finished block, so I went ahead and got a couple put together. The rest are in that "oh so close" along the way stage where everything is partially there but nothing is quite done yet.


Sydney was nice enough to help me out when I ran out of leaders and enders. She was matching up 2.5 inch squares for me, but was having a hard time getting right sides together using my favorite "jelly sides in" saying. Instead I told her the pretty sides kissed in the middle. She thought that was hilarious and had to say it at least once for every pair she put together.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cassie came up with "you mean they face each other?" when I was trying to explain "right-sides together." I like yours better!!!!

And----I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabrics you choose for Judy's mystery. You absolutely MUST keep plugging away so I can see all your fabs together!!!

And LOVE the organization. I bet if you jump on the plane within the hour, you'd arrive here in 5...just enough time for me to go out a buy a few more drawer organizers! I could keep you busy :0)

Do I see Sydney sportin' a new haircut?

Happy to see all the action!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your mystery blocks look so yummy!