Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend Fun

Last night we took the kids to a Weird Al Yankovich show. It was their first concert ever. They are big fans and know a lot of the songs by heart. Does that say something about the intelligence level of the lyrics? It didn't start until 8, which is bedtime in our house, so we were a bit worried that they would be fast asleep before the concert was done.

Sydney is the only one who fell asleep for any extended period of time, she snuggled up on my lap and snoozed through all the noise starting right in the middle of Eat It, one of her favorite songs. She perked up again for the encore though, and didn't seem upset about missing part of the concert.

This was Ryan's favorite song and he was singing along with all his might and bopping up and down in his seat. We're big fans of all things Star Wars around here.

I took Amy's BOM to ice skating this morning to get caught up a bit. I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten! They are all cut out now though, and I should be able to do the sewing portion some time tomorrow. I took time this afternoon to load the June Mystery Quilt onto the frame. I chose a pantograph called Saxon and got the first row sewn before it was time to think about dinner.
I'm taking care of a neighbors two dogs while they are away for a couple of days. I went down earlier to feed them their dinner. The doberman discovered a bird that had gotten trapped in the pool screen and was frantically chasing it around and around. She wasn't very smart about it though, and was outside trying to catch the poor bird who was inside and couldn't figure out what to do. I chased them both around in circles for what seemed like hours before finally catching the poor bird in a towel and pitching it over the fence. While all of this was going on, the other dog, a golden retriever, decided to take a swim in the pool. It was quite a sight I'm sure, me running after a bird, yelling at the dog to leave it alone while dragging the other one out of the pool, dripping wet and pitiful. It made me so glad that we have just one small dog.

7 comments:

Andee said...

I used to LOVE Weird Al and my kids did too. We saw him at a state fair one year and it was fun. Clever playing with language...gotta love that! Glad you are getting caught up on Amy's blocks...I am enjoying seeing them down in the different colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's quite a slice of life there...weird Al, chasing birds, quilting Saxon and Star Wars!!!

Trisha said...

My kids love Weird Al. Especially my son. He would be in heaven at one of his concerts.

Amanda said...

I've never heard of Weird Al, but it looks as if you all had a wonderful time. I seem to be spending a lot of time at the moment chasing birds out of my fruit cage; I've no idea how they get in there, but they seem to be able to gorge themselves on my fruit whilst they're visiting!

heather said...

I love Weird Al. Sounds like a great concert.

Linda said...

Oh, what fun. Isn't it funny that some of the entertainers we grew up with are now entertaining our children? It looks like y'all had a great time.

Amy's BOM is coming to a close soon. She's already put one of hers together but I'm still waiting to see what other blocks she has coming...I'm not sure what I'll do with mine yet. If it will be one quilt or two, but time will tell. Have fun sewing up the blocks!

Micki said...

It sounds like you had fun! I don't know who Weird Al is but I always enjoy concerts.
Micki