Monday, November 22, 2010

Design Wall Monday Nov 22

Any reasonably bright person would have picked one set of blocks to focus on in order to have an entire top finished before the end of the weekend.  However, I was using scraps before cutting into yardage and so ended up with some alternate blocks for each of two quilts instead.  Hopefully I'll be able to whip up the rest  before Thanksgiving, though I fear that things will get too busy in the next few days.  I will still need to play with the layout a bit, but the general idea is coming together.  The top quilt is my muted Christmas sampler, and the one below is my bright Christmas sampler. Maybe coming up with better names should be on my "to do" list somewhere.   I think I'll add a couple of borders to each and maybe find a nice soft flannel to back them with. 

Make sure to pop over to Judy's to see what everyone else is up to on Design Wall Monday. 

17 comments:

blauraute said...

You are so busy!!! Have you day more than 24 hours?!?!? It's perfect.
Take care.
Roswitha

Kate said...

Love all the blocks! Samplers are such fun.

Barb said...

What a wonerful quilt this will make!!

Charlene S said...

Your samplers look great and who said that quilters were logical or sane.

Judy said...

Really like your blocks!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool idea! Love the alternate blocks...great job!

Denise :) said...

I like the look of the different blocks! Fun stuff! :)

Tamera said...

he he he...I know what you mean about coming up with new names, lol. That's always hard for me.

Chris said...

I love the blocks. You have been a busy beaver!!

Judy D in WA said...

I think both quilts are fabulous!

Bonnie said...

A bit of an over-achiever, are we? Lol. Both quilts are looking great. I like the setting blocks. I may need to try that if I ever finish the Tisket, a Tasket blocks from last year's bom at Bunny Hill Designs. Sigh. Good luck getting these finished or at least closer to finished!

AnnieO said...

Who says reasonable is a quilter's criteria, LOL! These are both gorgeous.

Pat said...

It is looking great.

Amy said...

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh
I LOVE the alternate blocks!!!!!!! You know me! I'm a sucker for that Irish-chainy look! Ooooohh.....Maybe I'll need to try something like this!!

LuAnn said...

They are both nice quilts. Love the colors, especially the bright one. Like that alternate Irish chain block.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Love the blocks! Sometimes it is fun to just work on a few things at once. :)

Angie in SoCal said...

Those blocks on your wall are great. I think I'm going to use that layout for some of the orphan blocks I have and make scrappy alternate blocks.

Thanks for sharing!