Monday, November 29, 2010

Half a Tree but a Whole Lotta Quilting

We started getting the tree up this evening. We'll need a ladder for the rest, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. It's pouring rain right now, so getting the ladder out doesn't seem like a great idea.  All the neighbors got their outside lights up over the weekend so our house looks a little sad and lonely by comparison. 
I've been busily working away on the Elm Creek quilt. I've got most of the blocks quilted and started on the inner border. I'm still not sure how I'll quilt the outer piano key border, but the nice part about hand quilting is that I've got lots of time to figure it out as I quilt along. I'm trying to decide if I've got enough energy in me to hop up and start on the next step of RRCB, It wouldn't take much to at least go and rummage though the 3.5 inch strip drawer.  I could probably get at least that much done. 

5 comments:

Barb said...

Love your quilt top....

Amanda said...

We got the Christmas boxes down from the loft yesterday, but that's about as far as it goes. We'll probably start to think about decorating some time next week. Hand quilting is so relaxing isn't it; none of the hunched shoulders and tightly held breath of machine quilting!

blauraute said...

You are so busy. The hand quilting work is very beautiful. I love these colors very much.
We have decorating around and in the house. Still we have finished it starts snowing.
Have a nice week and best greetings
Roswitha

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I was wondering how the half a tree would come into the post! lol

Great job on the quilting so far!

Amy said...

{{giggle}}
your title is just too funny....
AMAZINGLY I put out all the Christmas decor. (with girls help, of course) on Saturday.

And that quilt....hmmm..mm...PURDY! Can't wait to see the closeups once it's done!