Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lollipop Washed and Life Goes On

 Yesterday I stayed home sick.  Kurt brought a hacking cough and noxious cold back from New Orleans and was nice enough to share.  I stayed snuggled up in bed with a good book and slept the morning away.  My friend Meisje who is an avid reader suggested  a new book which I am thoroughly enjoying.  She also suggested Sex Lives of Cannibals a couple of years ago, and that one was so funny.  I'm enjoying this one, it has a nice Forest Gump kind of simplicity that is very appealing.  I keep expecting each chapter to end with the main character saying, "And that's all I have to say about that."
 Today I got a redbox movie so I could sit down and sew the binding on Lollipop.  Lizzie didn't want to let me have my chair though, or my favorite t-shirt quilt.  I'm on the couch now, quiltless, listening to her happily snore the evening away. 
On the bright side though, Lollipop just came out of the dryer.  The raw edges of the quilt applique as you quilt circles are raveling nicely, giving the quilt a casual and comfortable feeling.  I was having tension issues during the quilting process, but they seemed to have resolved themselves in the wash.  I love the butterfly fabric that Sydney chose for the back.  I think it will go great with the butterfly pillowcase I made for her a couple of weeks ago. 

7 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I told you it would be fabulous. ;)
Sydney did an awesome job!!!
Hope you are feeling better. Nothing says love like sharing the crud.

Janet said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Lizzie looks so comfy--it was nice of you to let her enjoy the chair and quilt. I love the Lollipop quilt. Sydney has a natural eye for pretty backing. Such a cute and cuddly quilt to have.

Amanda said...

Here's hoping you're on the mend now. Don't rush back to school though! Aren't we daft about our animals; a non-animal lover wouldn't have second thoughts about turfing a pet off a quilt. I've read all of the Number One Ladies' Detective Agency books, and they're a great comfort read.

Unknown said...

Get well soon ! I love Loolipop but Lizzie is very cute too .

Quilter Kathy said...

Take good care of yourself. I think one of the hardest things for me to do is rest when I am sick :(
Love the Lollipop!

LuAnn said...

The quilt looks great. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That series is awesome! Some of the antics that Precious gets into are too funny!

Great quilt! It washed up well! Too bad that Lizzie was not in the mood to share. I hope you are feeling better!