Friday, November 12, 2010

Mystery Solved

When I was making the postage stamp quilt, I knew I had gotten the idea from a tutorial I saw online, but I couldn't remember from where.  I really need to be more systematic about keeping track of where I see things.  Every day I see great quilts, and so often think I should make one just like it.  It doesn't happen very often though, that I actually follow through and do it. 
This one struck me just right and ended up turning into a quilt.  I was pleased as punch to get an e-mail from Cyndi at Seems to you and me who wondered if her tutorial hadn't been the one I saw?  Sure enough, there it was, clear as day, even with a nice little link on the side.  So I went back to my Nov 4 Tutorial and added in links and credit for the original source of the idea.  I think I will leave it there though, because mine turned out a bit different with smaller blocks and sashing strips.  Go check out the original though, if you are thinking of doing postage stamps, because it is a bit more authentic than mine.  So thanks Cyndi, for the great idea. 

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for the source finding you! :)