Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quilt in a Day

 From start to finish, this truly was a quilt made today.  It is just a rectangular piece of background fabric with circles of fabric scattered.  The circles were cut with my Accuquilt GO cutter and then temporarily glue sticked down by my seven year old daughter. 
They were sewn on as the top was quilted on my HQ 16.  I'll have to attach the binding tomorrow, but other than that, it is done.  It isn't huge, but I think it will be a nice size for the kids to snuggle under on the couch during this cold snap we've been having.  I'm excited to get the binding done so that I can throw it into the wash and see how the edges fray.  This is my first foray into raw edge applique and I'm curious to see how it will turn out. 

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I saw the earlier post with your daughter putting down the circles. She did a fabulous job! It's very cute and will be perfect for a cuddle on the couch quilt.

Amanda said...

I love the way this quilt has turned out, very modern and fresh looking. Sydney did a great job with placing the circles and will doubtless, and rightfully so, claim it as 'her' quilt.

blauraute said...

Your little girl did a great job. The quilt is wonderful and you are so busy.
Have a nice day
Roswitha

Lindsay Jean said...

Great job by you and your daughter! I'm also interested to see how it acts after a wash.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It looks wonderful! And like it was so easy to get done in a day. :)

Candace said...

Very cute quilt. I love quilts with circles.

Angie said...

That quilt is absolutely adorable!!!

Candace said...

It's adorable. I love the white fabric too, I have some and it's about to be gone. I'm sad to see it go. I'm thinking of getting a 'GO'. I keep trying to fight it and then getting tempted again, lol.