Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wonderful Wednesdays

So I'm getting ready to dive into the new Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt called Roll Roll Cotton Boll.  The pattern calls for green pink and brown.  I started sorting through the scrap basket last night and realized that I definitely need to use blue.  All those extra blues from my little Dear Jane need somewhere to go.  So what about the other two colors?  I could swap the blue for green and keep the pink and brown, or I could go with a more homogeneous mixture of blue, green and brown. Decisions, decisions.  Either way, I'll need to add a little more variety to my collection of scraps.  I think I'll take advantage of the free shipping on orders over $50 at Connecting Threads. It's so nice that they let you order a fat quarter of any fabric without dropping a lot of money on a coordinated bundle. 
My good friend Meisje (pronounced Meesha) came over today to work on a sewing project for the upcoming Leader Daughter camping trip. Her daughter Sierra is a good friend of Anna's and they were supposed to play.  Instead they wanted to help and collected scraps to turn into their own little craft projects.  Meisje wanted to make team flags out of felt that the girls could decorate and then use to mark their campsites. Maybe she wanted to do it, or maybe I suggested it, either way, it seemed like a fun craft project. So she rotary cut and I sewed and soon enough, we had a stack of adorably cute flags ready for decorations. There is a whole team point thing going on that should be lots of fun.  I also put a vote in for trick-or-treat for trail mix on Friday night.  It's going to be a fun weekend. That reminds me that I said I'd do campfire songs.  I should pull those out and make some copies. 

6 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

How many scraps of yellow do you have? That might punch it some.
Just a suggestion,
Angie

Andee said...

I can't wait to see all the blog postings on Bonnie's new mystery...I am looking forward to it too!

Andrea said...

Yes I am looking forward to the new mystery too. It will be my third - one is completely finished and I stalled on borders on the second. I plan to choose colours this weekend - just cannot make my mind up - lol xxx

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad the hear you are joining in the fun! I am trying to figure out the colour scheme for my scrappy situation also.

em's scrapbag said...

I agree yellow would look great!

Candace said...

I think you have a great start. I am going with Bonnie's colors, no thinking involved.