Monday, January 10, 2011

Rainbow Inspiration

I was over at Melinda Quilts and saw this amazing quilt that her guild made for donation.  Each member was instructed to make a single color block.  A similar rainbow quilt could be made my people who are making one or more blocks each month for the rainbow challenge.  So far there have been a number of entire quilts and smaller projects produced.  Next week I'll be presenting several 12.5 inch blocks in blue that could be combined with the other colors as the year goes on.  Go check out their quilt and see if it doesn't get your creative juices flowing. 

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks about posting about the Modern Quilt Guild's quilt. I think I am going to take your suggestion and make two blue blocks this month. I want a bigger quilt than I can get with 12 blocks. The guild quilt has 30 blocks.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

I started a bunch of scrappy quilt blocks a couple years ago. It is now in my UFO cabinet. Perhaps some "Scrap Saturday" I'll take it out and work on it again!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I've really been enjoying seeing what everyone is making during this month. The amazing thing is how many beautiful things are being made that wouldn't have been if not for the challenge!

Cattinka said...

That quilt looks very nice, I could imagine participating and making such a quilt. How do I sign up?
KATRIN W.

Amanda said...

Oh yes, that's a lovely idea, I think I'll certainly make a couple of blue blocks to save up for a quilt like that. Do you know what size the blocks were?

Amanda said...

Woops, just read more carefully and see that they're 12.5 inches.

Just One More Thing said...

I absolutely love your quilt--the white squares actually look three dimensional. I really like the way you put the single blocks around the quilt. I also really love the colorful quilt at Melinda Quilts -- it would be a great way to use blocks that are made for your scrappy challenge. So many wonderful quilters are participating in your challenge. I am enjoying hearing from them and you --they make me feel I may be able to do this:)