Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Same Old Same Old

I think every post I've written lately starts with me saying I've been really busy lately and hope to have time to quilt really soon.  I'll skip the list of why I've been so busy lately and let you just assume it is more of the same things that have been keeping me running for the last few months. 
I've only found time to quilt tonight because I was asked to help a friend.   Even though I should have been getting work done for school, it was nice to sew a tiny bit.  My dear neighbor Miss Sheila who used to help with my girl scout troop is having a another granddaughter very soon and wanted to make a quilt.  She chose the fabrics and came over a couple of weeks ago to see if I could help her put it together to make a quilt.  She wanted to use large pieces to show off the fabrics but do something other than just regular squares.  I suggested that we use my large tumbler die for the gocutter and she arranged and sewed the blocks together.  I just finished putting the border on for her so that she can take to to her ladies at church who are going to tie it. 
I got an apologetic e-mail from another teacher at school this week letting me know that she overheard some kids talking and they had discovered that I had a blog.  Not only that, but they were reading it!  I think it is hilarious that my students are spending their spare time reading a quilt blog.  So if any of them have made it this far, remember that we have a test coming up on Friday and you should be studying instead of reading about quilting! 
I just got back from senior follies tonight and enjoyed seeing the students making fun of the teachers and the teachers making fun of the students.  I haven't been there long enough to have gotten all of the inside jokes, but I the gist of it.  I've got a lot of seniors in my classes and wanted to be supportive. 
Thanks for all the kind wishes and prayers for Mom.  She appreciated having me come and visit for the weekend.  We got the results from her biopsy back yesterday and they found cancer in three out of the four lymph nodes that they biopsied.  She was discouraged about that, but chemo is scheduled to start in the morning so she will learn more about what that means in terms of her treatment when she meets with the oncologist again.  We are all optimistic that the cancer will respond well to the drugs and hopeful that it hasn't spread any further. 

6 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum's biopsy results but all good wishes for a great outcome for the chemo. Love the fact that your students are reading your blog - I think that is great! All the best.

Quilting By Celia said...

Best wishes for your mom. Better days will come so you can find more time to do some quilting. A lot of us are in the same situation, not enough hours in the day !

Lilian Pilar said...

Un gran abrazo y mis oraciones para su mamá...
Saludos de Alcorcón. España

Amanda said...

You sound very upbeat about your mother's results, but I'm sure you're feeling very worried. Best wishes to her. When I was teaching I rarely had time for any hobbies as life was so hectic, so I reckon you're doing pretty well to get anything done at all. Are you still feeling able to keep up the Rainbow Challenge, or is it becoming a bit of a burden? You should say if it is and I'm sure we'd all understand.

Jackie said...

I'll be praying for your mom and for you. She is lucky to have you around for support!

Diane Kelsey said...

I noticed that one of my students had been reading my blog too.