Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Monkey Mania

Just pulled the second monkey off the frame.  I was thinking of making Monkey Wrench blocks to go with the name, but ended up making something very similar to the first because it was easier.  I did frame the center out a bit more which decreased the size of the top and bottom portions that I needed to make.  I haven't got anything that will work for binding, so I'll need to pop out this evening and find something suitable.  We have a nice long car trip coming up that will be perfect for binding sewing. 

5 comments:

make.share.give said...

So, your new blog background...is it black or brown? or charcoal gray? I've just gotta know!
PS- Your monkeys are cute.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love the monkeys. :)

Amanda said...

Ah, I'm guessing black, or maybe black and grey for September?

Deb A said...

Love the quilt! Great job on the finish.
Looks like a new month and black after the white? Hmmmm can't wait to get to my new house and open my fabrics... cause I have one project with black I can do this month!!!!

Lynne said...

Binding in the car? What a great way to use the travel time. I usually knit (unless I'm driving, of course LOL)