Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday November 22, 2011

There isn't much that is happier than the Monday that starts off a two day work week.  Most of my weekend was spent toiling away at the quarter square triangle units for the new quiltville mystery.  They are all cut out, half are completed and another quarter is sewn.  We'll be out of town for the holiday, but I should be able to finish those up as soon as we get home.  The next clue will be out by then, but I'm sure I can get caught up soon enough.  I did get a few blocks put together and pressed as I was working on the rest.  On the left are my cheddar bowties inspired by Bonnie Hunter and sewn into circles.  On the right are the 2.5 leader and ender blocks that have been collecting in the background.  There are more than enough for a quilt or two, I'll have to move those up on the priority list. 

14 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun design wall! Makes me just want to sit down and sew more blocks for the collection!

Nann said...

Aren't those bowties fun?!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo, you go girl! Looking great there. I haven't started my quarter squares yet. Yesterday was not a good day for anything, slept most of it away. But I am up and at em, headed to work soon. The only day I have off is Thursday, then Sunday, then repeat again. Lots of hours, and lots of overtime = lots of money. Enjoy your holiday, I hope it is spent with friends and family.

Ellen said...

You certainly have lots going on! I have the fabric but haven't started the cheddar bowties...yet.

Deanna said...

I'm liking your leader/ender blocks. I, too, have a growing collection of four patches and am starting to look for a way to use them. This might be an idea. Thanks for sharing.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I really like your cheddar bowtie blocks and it is always nice to have plenty of leader and ender blocks ready to be made into something.

Gari in AL said...

Looks like you have become addicted to Bonnie Hunter quilts. You must really like little pieces. And so far, they are really looking good.

Bonnie said...

You are keeping up with Orca Bay? I usually save all the directions but don't make the quilts. Well, I started one but didn't finish it. Pulled it out a week ago to try to finish a smaller version... don't hold your breath. Gaagk! And I know you work full time plus bring work home. (Hey, you're a teacher I know you bring stuff home to do!) Happy T-day.

Vicki H. said...

I love that bowtie setting so much! Great job and working on the mysteries, nice! Happy Thanksgiving.

Melinda said...

You have a lot done, don't you. I still can't decide if I am going to try to do Orca Bay.

Lynne said...

You must be the most organised person I know - you achieve so much in what seems like so little time!

Andra Gayle said...

The Tuesday of a two day work week is better than the Monday!

Denise :) said...

Yay! Go you, getting all that finished!! :)

Quilting By Celia said...

I love those bowties with the cheddar fabric. I ordered some cheddar fabric last week to do the same. Your other quilt always gets my attention.
Have a great weekend.