Sunday, November 6, 2011

DP9 for Sheila


Miss Sheila asked me to quilt another small throw for her. I am her "go to girl" for quilting projects these days. She made a disappearing nine patch top to go with a blue fleece blanket for the backing. She intends to turn the edges over for a self binding edge. It didn't take long at all to quilt up and now I can cross another project off the list. It is a good feeling to keep checking things off.
I was feeling so good about all the odds and ends I've managed to use up lately that I didn't feel a bit bad about going to Joann's today with my 25% off total purchase coupon to take advantage of their big Veteran's Day sale.  I was only going to stock up on batting (queen sized warm and natural for $14.99!),  but the red dot clearance fabrics were also half off, so I scouted out some excellent deals on backing fabrics.  Fat quarters were on sale as well so I picked out a few in the Orca Bay colors of hot pink, teal and dark purple.  It is a four day week and Wednesday is a testing day, so things should be pretty calm at work.  Day light savings will be sure to have everyone's biological clocks off kilter, but hopefully we will all adjust soon enough. 

2 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Very nice quilt, have to love the DNP, it's my "go to" pattern. Thank you for letting us know about Joann's sale, I'll try to get there before Wednesday.

Lynne said...

Lovely quilt top. The way you are going, I don't think using any "extra" fabric is going to be a problem!