Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pieced Backing

So after finishing off the front of Spinning Stars, I threw all the leftover bits and bobs into a nice pile.  Then I went to the stash cupboard and pulled a few neutrals and such that looked like they were ready to move on.  Finally, I went to the orphan blocks stack and searched for green, yellow or brown.  After four hours of sewing and chopping and measuring, I have a back ready to go.  Now I just need to get it loaded onto the frame so that I can start reassembling the house again.  I've sort of taken over most of the main floor at the moment. 

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job on the backing! I just put away my sewing room.... but hope to pull out lots of leftover brown and greens to work on this month for the brown challenge. I think I remember what box that bag of extra's is in.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That is what I do with all my leftovers.......use them on the back so they don't go into the scrap bins, they are already over flowing and need no more added to them. Looks great.

Lynne said...

Ah, the feeling of accomplishment when making progress! I need some of that right now!

AnnieO said...

I love the phrase "bits and bobs"...

Isn't it surprising how long it can take to piece a back? Good for you for getting a lot of leftovers cleared out.