Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Revolt


This is what I should be taking to work on during the long car trip. Instead it will wait patiently for my return. My story is that I am too worried about losing the kids papers to take them out of the state.  Good story, right?  I'm sticking to it. 
Instead, I'll take this pile of quilts and sew maniacally on binding. I've started saving all my binding for long drives. It gives me a chance to catch up and stay warm and comfy at the same time and is more social than reading a book.  I hope everyone here in the US has a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. We are traveling to the deep dark winter weather of Atlanta.  I hope I have a jacket somewhere, it might be chilly. 


11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I LOVE binding...enjoy! That made me LOL to think of Atlanta weather as "deep dark winter"! Have fun!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Be safe and have fun. I think my best friend that lives in Atlanta might be coming back to PC for Thanksgiving.

Pieces to Love said...

Winter weather of Atlanta, LOL, you would nearly freeze to death where i live. Today's high is 59 and it is raining. BTW 59 is really warm for this time of year.

Lynne said...

Have a wonderful time; and yes, I would leave the papers at home too (any excuse is a good one, eh?)

Ellen said...

I certainly think that you are being very responsible in not risking your student's papers! Love your comment about Atlanta's weather...too funny!

Judy D in WA said...

1st off, I LOVE your file folders! I bet the students do too. And you deserve a nice little vacation from school. :)

Have a wonderful trip, happy binding and happy Thanksgiving.

Char said...

I think it's a good story, I agree.
Have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday and stitching.

Amy said...

You make me laugh!
First, woo-hooo about leaving the work behind. I just hope no added stress is created by putting it off until your return.

Second....LOL....."i hope I have a jacket somewhere." You CRACK me up! I have TWO overly padded ones; want one? ;0)

Have a great break!

Jan Maree said...

Happy stitching and happy thanksgiving and travel safely!

Andee said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and happy quilting!

Deb A said...

Too funny! Have a great trip and safe travels. Hey, I have a lovely wool sweater that would have kept you really warm... I have a feeling I won't be needing it down here in Florida... but will whenever I visit home in Vermont!