Saturday, December 3, 2011

ScrapHappy Saturday -- Brand New Month

As the end of the year nears, people are losing enthusiasm for starting new projects in a mad dash to finish things off before the end of the year.  Therefore I am putting two options out there.  Originally red and or green was the plan.  I was thinking about quick Christmas gifts like mug rugs and place mats and potholders in cheery Christmas colors.  Option two is to try to finish off some of the rainbow projects that have been started along the way.  I'm thinking about the stack of green crumb blocks that were extra, the red and white mug rug that never quite came together.....
How about you, feeling the need to keep crossing projects off the list, or ready to spread some Christmas cheer? Use the linky below to share you ideas and progress so far. 





5 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

I'm doing African themed fabrics for December to swap with my partner. Thanks for starting the project and the much inspiration I gained from your blog!

floribunda said...

I think I'll try to make some progress on that mess of brown strips that are still on the wall! It's been a fun year...

Quilter Kathy said...

I am hoping to get some red and green scraps used up this month on Christmasy projects.

Amanda said...

I've been keeping pieces from each colour as each month has passed to make a rainbow windmill quilt, but I don't think I'm going to start it before Christmas, too much else going on.

Thank you Angela, for organising this challenge in 2011, it's been a great way to use up lots of scraps and I've been delighted with some of the things I've made. So what's happening in 2012.

april said...

I've been making a block a month and sewing them together for a wall hanging or something, so I will continue with making my last one a red/green one. What a fun year long project!