Friday, December 16, 2011

Variations on a Theme


I let my top sit in the middle of the family room floor so that I could ponder what to do next.  Eventually I went and pulled out the 4.5 inch square drawer and dug for the darkish squares.  I think I'll sew these on and then finish with a band of nice chocolate brown.  I wonder if I have any nice chocolate brown?  Maybe I'll have to pop out to find some tomorrow.  The nice thing about having  relatively small stash is that I never experience quilt guilt when I need to shop a bit, especially when I need something to finish a project. 

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

The squares look great - they really finish the quilt off nicely! Would never have though of that option!

Ellen said...

It looks great with the darker squares bordering the center. I am enjoying seeing your progress on this quilt.

Lynne said...

The darker squares make a great border!