Sunday, February 5, 2012

Green Geese and Home Again

 We got back from Camping around lunch time.  I will admit to a quick snooze on the couch, but after that I did venture to the sewing room for a bit of time.  I had some red geese left from last month and so decided to make some green to keep them company.  They finish at 2 by 3.5 and are just the right size for the waste triangles from joining binding strips. 
The camping was just perfect.  Beautiful weather, everyone got along well and the campsite took care of most of the work.  Hard to ask for much more than that really.  It is hard to really call it camping when you are staying in air conditioned cabins and eating hot meals served at regular intervals, but it was lots of fun nonetheless.  It will probably be my last year to attend this particular event as most of the girls won't continue with scouting when they go into junior high next year.  Everyone will be scattered to different schools depending on the results of applications and lotteries for all of the schools of choice. 
The super bowl is starting soon, and though I was content to curl up in jammies and enjoy the commercials, we've been asked over to a neighbors party and will go and visit for a bit.  I had to ask who the teams were, so you can guess how keen I am to enjoy a sporting event.  It will be nice to visit with the neighbors though. 

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm glad the camp went well. Somehow I imagined tents and open fires but I guess it is mid-winter there!

How you managed find time to snooze and sew as well as visit the neighbours is anybody's guess! You must be Wonder Woman!

Ellen said...

Making those geese units really is a fabulous way to use up those end bits. Sounds like you had a very busy but fun weekend!

Sue Daurio said...

Ohh, air conditioned cabins, meals cooked for you, sounds like my kinda camping!!! But really I want to say that I love the sunshine you spread with your Rainbow Scrap Challenge - so many inspiring ideas come out of that!! I'm honoring you with a Versatile Blog Award http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html :)