Saturday, April 21, 2012

Camping Weekend

 I am so sorry that the linky post for scraphappy Saturday was late.  I set it up to post early this morning, but somehow it was still in the draft folder and didn't go live as scheduled.  Though I was able to check from my phone, I wasn't able to fix the problem until we got home again.  National parks don't have wifi! 
We were camping this weekend.  If not for the threat of soaking rain moving in overnight we would still be there munching s'mores in the great outdoors.  We cooked over an open fire, hiked the nature trails, sang campfire songs and canoed through a marsh.  The best moment of the weekend though, was when the kids, with a toy pole and bit of leftover hotdog, managed to catch a fish.  We were all caught by surprise!  Never expecting them to be successful, Kurt and I were lounging on the deck completely unprepared!  We didn't have anything to keep and clean him for dinner, so instead we got a couple of quick photos before letting the little guy loose.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I have so many happy memories of camping in Florida when I was a child! We used to camp at Ft. DeSoto over on the tip of the Pinellas peninsula.

Amy said...

FUN FAMILY TIME! I can't wait for those warm summery days hit Wisconsin; we're close! S'mores on a campfire sound so HEAVENLY right now!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like fun for all.

We had a family Saturday, spent at Drama Teen's speech competition. Not nearly as much fun!

Unknown said...

Also wishing it were a bit warmer here in Ohio for some camping time!

AnnieO said...

Sounds like a nice weekend with fun and family. I had trouble with Blogger not publishing as scheduled too. Hmmm...

Ellen said...

We used to camp almost every weekend (in our trailer) when our boys were young. So many wonderful memories of the beach and fishing and campfires...