Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday April 16, 2012


After getting the green crumbs sewed together into a flimsy I had a design wall open and waiting.  With way too many leaders and enders project in the works, choosing a stack of blocks ready to go was an easy task.  In the two inch block box I had a stack that had been sewn into Irish Chains.  I think there are enough in there for a quilt if I just make the alternate squares.  No movement on the bow-tie blocks.  I ran out of the cheddar fabric and need to find something for setting triangles. 

This was the top for the green crumbs though I forgot to get a picture after the borders were attached. 
I had a green and yellow print big enough for the back, but it was pastel.  Instead I pulled anything off of the shelf that was bright green or yellow.  It didn't take too long to get those puzzled together to make a back.  It is on the frame now waiting for me to have time to get to it.  Fortunately fabric is patient and won't go bad before I find the time to sew again. 


9 comments:

Ellen said...

Your design wall looks really good - love them both. One day I will make my cheddar bow ties - I already have the fabric and thankfully, like you said it won't go bad waiting for me!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the scrappy irish chain!

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm also making a scrappy irish chain as a leader/ender! I haven't stopped to see how many I have done - guess I'd better check huh? :*) Yours just sparkles. I just love scrappy quilts!!!

Kate said...

All of your projects look beautiful!

Andee said...

Love the pieced backing...still drooling over your cheddar bow ties lay out!

Lynne said...

The green and yellow quilt turned out well and the back is fun. Now I am in love with the Irish Chain quilt top - I want one!!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

The joy of being organized - three projects almost finished! Way to go! I really like the green crumb quilt. Even though I know I could do the blocks in one color I never stop to think of it that way - it looks great.
Judy

Cyn said...

Nice quilt. You sure are productive. [read envy here...lol].
Love the way the crumb quilt turned out. A fave, for sure!

Elly D said...

WOW! You have a lot of beautiful projects going on here! I love how your crumb quilt has turned out in your previous post. It looks great! You do get a lot done :)