Friday, April 13, 2012

Quilt Heaven

This might not look like most people's idea of nirvana, but I can't imagine a better evening.  Kurt and the kids are having a Top Gear marathon and I am squirreled away in the study making a mess.  Paper piecing isn't the neatest of methods, but it sure is fun to trim away all the ragged edges and end up with pretty little points.  I've got one midget block done and two more ready to go.  No peeking though, I'm posting one each week on Tuesday and have worked my way ahead into the end of May.  Just think of how far ahead I'll be when summer vacation hits!  Must do some school work this weekend though, along with a Girl Scout trip and normal weekend fun.  For now though, I'm off to make some more scraps. 

4 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Good for you working ahead! Really smart! Isn't it nice to sew when the rest of the family is happily occupied elsewhere? It has a cozy feel to it to me.

Amanda said...

I'm afraid I'd be there with the family watching Top Gear rather than sewing. But my word, how organised you are. I'm trying to do something similar with blogging, writing several posts when I have the time or I'm in the mood, but it's not working that well.

Deb A said...

Looks like the perfect evening to me! Love the little table for the cutting mat. I'm impressed... done through May! Yikes.... I'm back to the one a week unless I get some sewing time in Sunday and Monday to work on one or two of the midgets.

Ellen said...

Love it!! I am hoping to be able to work on my next midget block tomorrow - no time to work ahead. I think once I get used to my new routine/schedule things should settle down a bit. At this point, I feel like I am constantly playing catch-up.