Monday, April 9, 2012

What's on Your Bed?

Bonnie Hunter posed the question today, "What's on your bed?"  I had to laugh, because Bonnie Hunter is on my bed today.  At least her quilt design is.  I think this pattern was called Spinning Stars.  Originally is was in Quiltmaker magazine, and I seem to remember that it used 2.5 inch strips.  I used 2 inch strips, I guess because I had more of them at that point in time?  Hard to say, but after sewing a few hundred blocks, I thought they needed to be broken up a bit and added the extra green strips to separate the quilt into quadrants.  The checkerboard border followed along with a few more to make it fit on the bed.  I don't have that many quilts that fit on this bed, so this one gets quite a lot of use.  So what is on your bed today?  Go over to Quiltville to play along. 

10 comments:

Rosa said...

It`s fantastic.Great job!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Bonnie is on my bed too! RRCB!

Deb A said...

I'll bet Bonnie is on lots of people's beds! Great quilt.

Sandra Kaye said...

Wow..lovely quit!! I love Bonnie's patterns. You did a great job!! Hugs

Andee said...

Hey Bonnie is on my bed too! Great taste we girls have!

Quilter Kathy said...

Bonnie is on my bed too! I better post a photo!

Brooke said...

I'm super impressed. That's quite a pattern. I love the colors that you chose, and the green sashing was brilliant. Looks fabulous!

Pamela said...

That's a pretty one - love a good scrappy quilt!

Mary said...

So funny that many have Bonnie on their beds for this linky party. I like how you changed her block and set it your own way. I have a few quilts that that don't fit the beds. I made many throw sized ones for a while, so they reside in the closet mostly or get used on the couches to snuggle with watching TV.

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt ... the green sashing was a great idea. I especially love checkerboard borders!