Monday, August 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday

In between marathon string block sewing for Jamestown Landing I did manage to get a few more Cherry Trees put together.  The pattern shows red lattice strips which would not work with my red trees for obvious reasons.  I was thinking of purple and gold as a substitute.  The green setting triangles will still work though.  I'm not sure about the outer border.  I have lots of nine patches left, but not enough of the red.  Maybe multicolored squares?  Time will tell.  Right now we are slogging through rain from the outer bands to Isaac.  It is going to be a wet day for sure. 

12 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I think your sashing and cornerstones are perfect!

Stay safe and dry.

Teresa said...

A woman after my own heart. I really want to do the Jamestown Landing and the Crabapple trees but have several other BH patterns going right now. I talk about two on my post today. Good luck with the rains of Issiac.

Sheila said...

Looking good! Sounds like Isaac is moving on. Good riddance.

Gari in AL said...

I love the designing process that happens while making the quilt. Of course, when I get frustrated at not being able to think of something, that love is more subdued but eventually it shines again. And we are just waiting for the rain you will be sending our way starting this afternoon, I think.

Bonnie said...

love those trees... someday.... I hope, I'll make them too.

janequiltsslowly said...

Love the purple & gold sashings and cornerstones!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking cherry trees. Hope your weathering the storm OK.

Quilter Kathy said...

What about just a light colour of sashing...like on the right side of the photo? I think it really makes the trees pop out more.

Suzy said...

Looks great! :o)

Andee said...

Love the cherry trees!

Teresa in Music City said...

Hoping all you get from Isaac is rain!! Loving your Cherry Trees - and I love red & purple together. It will be interesting to see how you put this one together :*)

Kate said...

I like the purple and gold with the green. Your Cherry Trees are really coming together.