Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hawaiian Geese

I'm not starting a new quilt yet.  I am definitely going to finish off a few things first before I "officially" start something new.  This isn't a start you see, it is just trying out a pattern.  The geese are supposed to be 1.75 by 3 inches.  That seemed kind of fiddly to do with the sew and flip method, so I decided to try drafting a paper piecing pattern.  I drew it out on graph paper last night and made a few copies today at school.  I don't have any official fabric picked out, since I haven't actually started yet, but I did dig through the scrap user drawers to find some things that might work.  Tonight I might dig through the drawer of 2 inch squares and find some that will work for the nine patches in the middle.  They will only be leaders and enders of course, so that doesn't count as starting a new quilt quite yet. 

10 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Oh I like that one. They are only leader and enders so that isn't the start to a new project!!! I am going to use that one. HEHEHE Like I really need to start another project, I really need to finish some, seriously. But, but, but I just got two of Bonnies books for my birthday, and there are 7 quilts calling my name. Only 7, and I can do leaders and enders and I wouldn't be starting a new project, because you said so. Yes you did! LOL!

Judy D in WA said...

You crack me up!!! They do look quite nice though......all those orphan flying geese.

Still resisting! ;o)

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh boy! You sure are tempting me to start thinking about this quilt :*) Those geese are just too cute, and they are calling out for more friends to fly with them!

Sheila said...

Love those flying geese!
I hope to see Bonnie Hunter do a trunk show in December. I'm looking forward that!

Quilter Kathy said...

What great blocks you made for the quilt that you aren't starting! *snort* You are so funny!

Lynne said...

I had to chuckle as you tried to convince us, and yourself, that you are not starting a new quilt yet!

Amanda said...

I love the colours you've chosen already, they'd look great for your quilt - whenever you decided to actually make it.

Rosa said...

Love your stunning geese and what are you going to do with these beautiful blocks?

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

LOL!!! HA! LOVE IT! And I'm soooooo happy you've decided NOT to start another project :)

I certainly hope to get some sewing in this weekend myself :) These are on my to-do list.

Andee said...

Care to share that paper piecing pattern, lol. I hate that they aren't perfect no matter how hard I try! Yours look great!