Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Binding Patrol #1 of 7

 I have been enjoying the Olympics each evening with a quilt in need of binding.  Hand sewing is a nice excuse to settle in and watch without feeling that I should be "doing something". 
This quilt was a set of green crumbs that got set with a lattice strip on two sides.  The blocks got alternated to give the effect that they were randomly floating in the yellow.  I still have a big stack of green crumb blocks, though this is the third quilt that has needed them. 

8 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

great job! I am doing more watching and less binding than planned. I think I only worked on a binding during the cycling. I want to watch all the other stuff too much to bind. :)

heather said...

I'm hand sewing hexies while watching events.

Quilter Kathy said...

Can she do it?!?! 7 bindings in a row?!?!
Go for the gold!

Sheila said...

I like this quilt. Great way to use up those small, odd sized pieces of fabric.

Diane Kelsey said...

I really like the way you have put these blocks together.

Kate said...

Congrats on another finish (or I guess it's your first finish, that's the problem with reading posts in revers order). I like the how the blocks seem to float above the background.

Lynne said...

That looks great!

needlesandpins said...

What an eye catcher. How do you make this kind of quilt? Is there a special tutorial? I would like to give it a try because it looks awesome.
Brigitte/Austria