Monday, October 29, 2012

Design Floor on Monday October 29, 2012

Thanks to the hurricane day on Friday I was able to finish off the blocks for Jamestown Landing!  The rows are all ready to be sewn together.  After that I will try it out on the bed and see if I want to make it a bit bigger. First though, I'm going to look at it for a few minutes and see if I can find any mistakes in the block placement.  The pattern is really clever in how it uses the just two blocks placed together to in different ways, but it would be really easy to get things twisted or sewn the wrong way.  This will be my second quilt from Bonnie Hunter's new string fling book.  I love them both, but I'll be ready to be done with strings for a while I think.  I'm still debating her next mystery.  The first fabric requirements will be out on Wednesday.  Maybe I'll just watch the first couple of clues and then decide about wading in.  I have done really well at finishing things of lately though........

12 comments:

Lynne said...

It certainly is an amazing-looking pattern.

Diane Kelsey said...

What a great feeling being able to tick jobs to do, off your list. Some lovely work being produced! Thinking of you with the storm.

Teresa in Music City said...

You are so amazing!!! I've lost count of the number of quilts - not simple ones either! - that you've completed just recently! You go girl!!!

I'm the same way about the new mystery. I love Bonnie's mysteries, but I think I will keep the clues and jump in later, perhaps after the first of the year when things are not quite so hectic during the holidays. By January I may need something fun and new to get me out of the winter blahs!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful design! Can't wait to see the top assembled. :)

Gayle Bong said...

Yeah, this pattern is on my to do list. Maybe I need to move it up to the top. Yours is sure pretty.

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty quilt and love your colors. I am glad you were able to get so much done on a bit of time off!!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking quilt. Mom and I are thinking of making this one together. Not sure if we will stay with blue or go for your green. we know we have more green.

Andee said...

Of course you have to join in...it is SO much fun to see everyone come along on their clues and you don't want to be missing out on that! :)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo hoo another one done. You know you can't resist another Bonnie mystery. You won't want to be left behind as the rest of us stitch our way through it. I am still working on last years, but I will be doing this years as well. Because we look forward all year long to doing this mystery. Can't wait to see what colors you pick out. :D

Amy said...

Excellent colors!
We've all learned about taking that picture and checking placements, haven't we? :)
It's hard to tell because I'm not able to zoom in, but it does look a few strings are turned around... ?? (outsides towards the bottom)

Happy Tuesday!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt and I love the colors! I have done 2 of Bonnie's mystery quilts and plan on doing the new one.

Kate said...

Bonnnie's patterns are so much fun. Your version looks beautiful!