Sunday, October 28, 2012

Slowpoke Sunday - Binding Smith Mt.

This poor quilt has been hanging out with half sewn binding for far too long.  As soon as I finish getting the Jamestown Landing blocks together it is next on the list.  Last time I was at Joann's with a special 30% off of everything coupon I picked up some Clover Wonder clips.  They hold the binding in place just perfectly and are nicely curved so that it doesn't get flattened out under the clips.  It has taken on a fall like feel around here and having an extra quilt to snuggle under would not be a bad idea.  We've finally turned off the air conditioner and have the house opened up for fresh air.  Hopefully everyone's allergies won't get too out of hand and make us seal it all up again.  Head over to Kathy's Blog to see what other handwork is under way on this day of rest.  

12 comments:

Amy said...

LOL. We have permanent AC going on right now (outside), therefore, we've had our heat/furnace going for a month already!

You're on a finishing rampage! Way to go. I feel the pressure of getting some finishes on my list now.

Deb A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb A said...

I love how it cooled down today. Much better weather for visiting the attractions than the 95 pure sunny weather this summer! Great job on the finishes. I can't wait to snuggle under my quilt and do some binding later tonight.

Lynne said...

I use binding clips. The ladies in my community quilting group always say something like "hair clips? What a good idea!" I used to explain that they are not hair clips but now I don't bother!

Anonymous said...

I only started using binding clips a few months ago. Love them! Usually I only use five/six at a time, because I just move them down as I go past them. (Actually, I think it's because I'm just too lazy to clip the binding all around before I start...)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those little clover clips are quite useful. I love stitching down binding!

Kate said...

Binding clips are one of the greatest inventions ever. I've got one quilt that needs the binding hand sewn down. I keep forgetting about it.

Andee said...

I just got those same binding clips on shop hop..really like them! Our AC is finally off and the windows are open too. I so love the fresh air coming in this time of year! Two Bonnie's going at the same time...soon time for the mystery..we sure do live to quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love those binding clips too! Hope you are enjoying some relaxing binding time. Thanks for linking up to Slow SUnday Stitching!

audrey said...

I always put the binding off too! Great to get it finished up though.:)

Lori said...

I love to sew down the binding. I would trade you a task any day!