Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last Block

I just finished the last Midget Block.  Last block for me that is, there are more blocks being released now, but mine will be done at 144 blocks.  Done.  After two and a half years of one block a week.  I procrastinated all afternoon, cleaning and organizing and generally stalling instead of finishing off the one last block.  It is done now, and all that remains is the final sashing, trimming and sewing together of blocks.  I am sitting here a little sad right now.  Kathy wrote today about taking the last few stitches of her happy quilt very slowly, enjoying each one, knowing that she was almost finished.  I had to smile, because I am feeling the same way about my own Tiny Tuesday blocks.  Not to fear, not all the blocks have posted yet, so there will still be blocks through the end of the year.  Then it will be time to think seriously about my next big adventure in quilting.  Rainbow Scrap Challenge Dear Jane is officially in the works.  

13 comments:

Deb A said...

Congrats! Just remember you still get to enjoy quilting this one at some point.

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous blocks. It's always a bit sad when something fun comes to an end. At least you've already got your sights set on something new.

Lynne said...

It's funny how we get sad when a project is nearing completion! That was a big project but you still have a bit to do!

Angie said...

Congratulations - it really is an amazing project!

Cyn said...

Congrats, your blocks are wonderful. Love the balance of color you achieved.
Oh goodie... there is going to be a RSC13! I'm excited! Thank you for doing this; it's a lot of fun.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

The are all stitched, but not forgotten, they still need to have more lovingly stitches put into the to sew them together, and then you get to enjoy the warmth they provide when you get to cuddle under it, stitching your rainbow Dear Jane! Congrats on getting to the end of one, and the beginning of another.

Teresa in Music City said...

Those little blocks are SO cute! What a wonderful quilt they will make :*) Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 - Bring it on!!!

Amanda said...

Well done for sticking at it for so long. I've really enjoyed seeing all your blocks, though I found them very fiddly. It will be good to see the finished quilt.

Sheila said...

All your tiny blocks together look awesome! Wow. So much work! A treasure.
I'm thrilled to hear that you are hosting RSC 2013. This past year has been so much fun. Learning about colors. Visiting blog links to see what other have made each Saturday, watching you make your midget blocks ... all has all been so much fun. Thank you Angela.

Judy D in WA said...

The is so awesome looking. You will be quilting this beauty in no time.

Andee said...

WHOOT WHOOT! It looks great...so jealous you have this beauty...gonna be an heirloom for sure! Can't wait to see what is next!

Béa said...

Congrats § beautiful blocks.
I will follow you next year for your Rainbow DJ : I started mine one year ago and droped it...:(
I hope that will help me to start off again .XXX

Ellen said...

Congratulations on completing the top - I love it! I also love that you were able to document your journey and share it with all of us!!