Sunday, November 18, 2012

Prepping for Handwork on Sunday

One of the keys to getting handwork done is having it prepped and ready to go.  I spent last weekend flying back and forth to Atlanta without a single stitch to sew because I was too busy to get it ready ahead of time.  So with holiday car trips to visit family on the horizon, I am spending some time now getting ready.
New Midget Blocks are being released weekly.  I was happy to see that there were appliqué blocks in the mix and printed those off right away.  There is one more that will be hand pieced with lots of little set in seams.  Add a little "handwork on the go" tin with bobbins of various colors of thread, thimbles, needles and such and I should be able to sew the miles away.  I hope everyone else is taking a few minutes to slow down and sew a stitch or two on Sunday.  Head over to Kathy's blog to see other people's slow stitching.  

11 comments:

Deb A said...

I love how organized you are! I have a couple of blocks that need prepping for this week - midget and the new suffrage block.

Teresa in Music City said...

Way to go! That is certainly the key for me too! I prepped the last of the Promises & Borders blocks last week do I could work on them as I travel this week!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So true the key to getting things done is taking advantage of those down times. I was able to get all of my Klosjes sewn this year while traveling in car and by plane. Now I need to baste the blocks so I can prepare them to applique to the blocks. Hopefully it will turn into a quilt top next year.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I need handwork tomorrow for the doctors office, so I have to find me something today. I don't do handwork, but need something to keep me busy while I am waiting for hubby. Last time we were there for more than 9 hours. We have a different doctor this time, so hubby says we shouldn't be there long. We will see. Yes I will be getting lots more sewing done tonight as well.

Andee said...

Excellent plan!

Cathy Tomm said...

Thanks for always reminding us about the weekly patterns. I may do some someday.
Have a good and safe week on the roads for the holidays.

Lynne said...

I agree. For all sewing projects, there is a certain amount of preparation. That's why I also like knitting: choose yarn and pattern then select appropriate tools, cast on and away you go!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous idea...you are so right! The key to making progress on handwork is being organized to pick it up when the spare moments are available.
Can't wait to see what you get done on your travels!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Denise :) said...

Oh I wish I was this organized! These are some spectacular blocks you're working on -- I bet you've had a marvelous afternoon working away!! :)

Amy said...

Excellent plan!!!
And thanks for the reminder of the new blocks; I'm off to save them :)

Cyn said...

Good idea. You are so organized!