Sunday, November 25, 2012

Slow Stitching Sunday

It feels great to be home again for another Slowpoke Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.  I took the time before we left for Thanksgiving to get some prep done for lots of applique on the go.  So here are three of the last Midget blocks together with the first batch of Dear Jane Blocks.  The four on the top are all stitched, while the bottom three are still in process.  While I was stitching away at these blocks, they seemed so BIG to me.  I am I crazy to start thinking about making them in a smaller size?
I am already starting to hear from people making plans for next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I've got the Dear Jane planned as one of my projects for sure.  If anyone else is thinking about it, the Dear Jane website is a good place to start, though I think That Quilt blog has great information and tutorials.  You'll need the book of course.  I have the software as well, though it isn't necessary, It does make it handy for printing off templates and paper piecing patterns, especially in different sizes.  Not that you need to take on Dear Jane to participate in the RSC13 of course, any rainbow themed scrap friendly block will do.  

5 comments:

Kate said...

You got a lot done over the holiday weekend. Very cute blocks. They look plenty small to me.

Quilter Kathy said...

More beautiful blocks for your collection!
Yep...you are crazy indeed! LOL And I can't wait to follow your crazy scrappy adventures again next year!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

How lovely, they all look tiny to me! Yes I am ready to jump on board with next years RSC13 and doing the Dear Jane thing too. Maybe even something else as well. I more or less have my scraps in order now, so I am finally ready to play along. Let the new year begin!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Dear Jane blocks are a bit tiny for my taste. I love the fabrics your using and you are very ambitous!

Lynne said...

Would it be possible to have a post about what people are planning so that those of us with no idea can get some inspiration? Even if it just was a list of links to blogs to visit from this year to see some scrap friendly blocks (in one place, so to speak)! Thanks!