Sunday, December 16, 2012

Slowpoke Sunday - Dear Jane

Having applique blocks ready to go makes it easy enough to pick up a baggie and take a stitch or two when things calm down from time to time.  I have already posted several finished blocks to appear in the new year when my Rainbow Dear Jane project officially begins.  Some blocks require both applique and traditional piecing, so this block isn't quite done yet, but the handwork portion is complete.  Head over to Kathy's blog to see what other handwork is happening on Slow Stitching Sunday.   
I've been slowly working my way through the scrap bin getting things ready for next years rainbow scrap challenge.  I focused on 1.5 and 1 inch strips for some postage stamp blocks and some itty bitty nine patches.  Bonnie Hunter was nice enough to keep me company during quilt cam time.  What a fun way to spend an afternoon!
Just 4 more days of school before winter break!  I still need to do one last proofreading session for my AP Bio exam, but the rest is all done and ready to go.  It is nice to end the semester before break and be able to leave everything on my desk with absolutely no guilt.  

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Preparation is half the battle for sure, especially when life is busy! Very cool thread ring!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Cyn said...

Ditto what QuilterKathy said. Also, I love your thread ring and the multi color pincushion. Nice!

Lynne said...

Preparation is essential with sewing projects, especially if there's to be some hand stitching involved!

Ellen said...

You are so organized - I think that is my major roadblock - I always seem to be one step behind OR maybe the problem is just that I am thinking and planning too far ahead - haha!

Love the pincushion - it is so cute.

Deb A said...

Oh, the pincushion and ring are so neat! Prep is the key to getting things done. I need to do some prep work again so I have things ready to go. We seem to have a long winter break - our kids were done school on the 14th. Have a good last week.