Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Goals

Judy L. over at patchworktimes has come up with a new variation on the traditional UFO challenge for 2013.  Rather than picking 12 projects at the beginning of the year and working on one each month, she is encouraging everyone to choose 4 new goals for each month.  So in the spirit of the new year, I am pondering 4 quilt related goals for January.

1. To prepare the Midget flimsy for quilting by either hand or machine
2. To finish the back for Shoot for the Moon
3. To quilt Shoot for the Moon
4. To put the blocks together for Jamestown Landing

And 4 non quilt related goals for January
1. To excercise every day for at least 15 minutes
2. To spend 15 minutes each day decluttering or organizing
3. To update school files and binders
4. To eat breakfast everyday

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Hmm. I'm sure you'll manage the quilt related goals, they're such fun. I do hope you can motivate yourself for the other goals, not so much fun. But I'm sure you can do it if you really want.

Deb A said...

Good goals, all of them. I need to work on the exercise and decluttering/organizing myself. I'm sure you will achieve them.

Luann said...

Declutter? Do I have to? YES!!! But just my office. The rest of my house, including my quilt studio, is organized! Even the UFOs are organized!!!

Margaret said...

While the quilty goals may be more 'fun' than the non-quilty ones, always remember, "I can do anything for 15 minutes! :-)

Happy New Year!

Teresa in Music City said...

I really like the way Judy is doing this in 2013! I do better with small chunks :*) Looks like you've done a good job of keeping your goals reachable but still challenging!

Terri said...

I love your non quilt related goals... expecially the one to exercise only 15 min. per day! I think I might be able to do that.
Hugs

Kate said...

Good luck with your January goals. I need to adopt the 15 minutes of excercise. I might be able to actually do that one!